21世纪实用国际商务英语口语(第三版)
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

Part C Skills of Communication

寻找贸易机会可以通过许多渠道进行,主要是通过网络、商会、通信录、驻外使馆商务处、报纸杂志的广告、朋友或公司介绍等途径获得必要的信息;介绍自己公司情况,了解对方,发现彼此间的共同点;参加交易会则可能有机会与客户直接会面。

1.the channel to get acquainted 告知认识对方的渠道

初次与新客户联系,为了避免唐突,应告知对方是通过何种方式认识对方,尽可能给对方留下一个较好的印象。例如:

(1)By making a search on Internet

I have come to know your company by making a search on Internet. Your website shows that you are one of the leading importers of tea business in European market.

通过国际互联网搜索,我结识了贵公司。您的网站显示贵公司是欧洲市场主要的茶业进口商之一。

(2)By looking up in the Trade Directory

We have obtained your name and address by looking up in the Trade Directory.

我们是通过查看商业名录获知贵方的姓名与地址。

(3)Through the courtesy of Chamber of Commerce

Through the courtesy of Chamber of Commerce, we have learnt your corporation.

承蒙商会的介绍,获悉了贵公司。

(4)By Commercial Counselor's Office

Your company has been recommended from the Commercial Counselor's Office of the Chinese Embassy in Singapore.

中国驻新加坡大使馆的商务处向我方推荐了贵公司。

(5)By ads in the newspapers and magazines

Having had your name and address from ads in the newspapers and magazines, we avail ourselves of the opportunity to contact you.

从报纸杂志的广告得知你们的名字和地址,借此机会与贵方联系。

(6)By the introduction of friends or companies

Your name and address have been kindly introduced to us by Mr. Cade.

承蒙凯德先生的介绍,我们得知贵公司的名称和地址。

2.introducing company and business scope 介绍公司的经营情况和经营范围

先让公司双方了解彼此的经营情况、经营能力和资信状况以及产品情况后,再进行实质性业务探讨。例如:

I am glad to introduce my corporation to you as a professional one, specializing in the line of tea products.

我很高兴地向您介绍本公司是专门从事茶叶产品生产和出口的专业公司。

We are exporters of high reputation, trading in various kinds of Black Tea, White Tea, Green Tea, Oolong Tea and Jasmine Tea. We have been in this line of business for more than 50 years.

我们的公司是信誉卓越的出口企业,经营各种各样的红茶、白茶、绿茶、乌龙茶和茉莉花茶。公司在此行业已有50多年之久的经营历史。

Our tea products are very popular for their superb quality. Our Grade-A Jasmine Tea has won international high quality medals.

我方经营的茶叶以其优异的品质深受广大消费者的喜爱。我方的一级茉莉花茶荣获国际优质奖。

3.establishing trade relations 建立业务关系

在相互了解的基础上,公司双方的经营范围一致,可以确定贸易对象,建立业务关系。建立业务关系可促进双方密切合作,顺利进行交易。例如:

As your tea products fall within the range of our business activities, we would like to express our wish to set up trade relations with your corporation.

由于贵方的茶叶产品与我方的经营范围一致,我们愿意同贵公司建立业务关系。

Your desire to establish business relations coincides with ours. Building up direct business relations between our companies will be to our mutual benefit.

你方想同我方建立业务关系的愿望与我方是一致的。建立直接的业务关系,双方将互利互惠。

We are willing to establish direct business relationship with your company on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.

我们愿在平等互利的基础上与贵公司建立直接的业务关系。

We shall be pleased to enter into business relations with you.

我们很乐意同贵公司建立业务关系。

4.sending catalogues and samples 寄产品目录和样品等

为了进一步了解对方经营的产品具体品种,需要对方提供附图目录等材料,寻找合适的品种、型号或规格。对方如有产品的网站信息可要求提供网址,可免去邮寄。如光看图片不能了解产品的品质,还需邮寄样品。例如:

In order to let you have a general idea of all our products, I am going to send you by air our latest catalogue for your perusal.

为了让贵方对我方的产品有个大概的认识,特打算航空邮寄我方最新附图目录,以供细阅。

Please send some samples of your teabags and new tea products.

请寄一些袋泡茶和茶叶新产品的样品。

It would be very helpful if you could send us your catalogue or brochures and give us your website for our further study.

如果你能寄给我们产品目录或小册子并提供网址供我们进一步研究将很有帮助。

5.expressing wishes 表达愿望

在最后,表达对今后贸易的希望和期待。例如:

Our mutual understanding and cooperation will certainly result in more business.

我们之间的相互了解与合作必将促成今后的生意。

We look forward to trading with you and exchange of needed goods.

希望与贵方开展贸易,互通有无。